Dr YAM Cheuk Sing Jason 任卓昇助理教授
MBBS(HKU), MPH (HKU), FRCS(Edin), FCOphth (HK), FHKAM (Ophth)
Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Coordinator, Pediatric Ophthalmology Services, CUHK Eye Centre
Academic Coordinator, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service, Hong Kong Eye Hospital
Coordinator, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service, CUHK Eye Centre
Office tel.: (852) 3943 5815
Fax no.: (852) 2715 9490
Make a clinic appointment
Tel: (852) 3943 5886
Dr. Jason Yam subspecializes in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus; and Pediatric Ocular Genetics. He received overseas training in Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, and Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, and finished an international fellowship with Prof. Kenneth Wright in Los Angeles.
Dr. Yam serves as the Secretary-General in the Asia-Pacific Strabismus and Pediatric Ophthalmology Society, and Committee member of Pediatric Ophthalmology Committee of Chinese Pediatric Society, and Council member in the Hong Kong Ophthalmological Society. Being passionate in training and education, Dr. Yam is currently the Coordinator of the CUHK Ophthalmology Undergraduate Education, Training Sub-committee member in the College of Ophthalmologist of Hong Kong, Committee member of Hong Kong Jockey Club Innovative Learning Centre for Medical Education Subcommittee, and Coordinator of CUHK & HKEH Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship Program. He is also the Coordinator of the Public Education Program in the Department.
He had more than 30 publications and co-authored 1 book. He had delivered more than 40 presentations and invited lectures in international conferences. He also serves as an editor in Scientific Reports, Asia Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology, and Hong Kong Journal of Ophthalmology; and reviewers of 10 international journals. His awards include Hong Kong Society of Community Medicine Prize (2003), Dr Timothy Kai-Ching Liu Memorial Fund Award (2009), Distinguished Young Fellow in Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (2013), Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Tano Travel Grant (2014), World Ophthalmology Congress Travel Grant (2014), APAO Leadership Development Program Award (2014-2015), APAO Distinguished Service Award (2016), APAO Achievement Award (2016), and Hospital Authority Corporate Scholarship (2016).
1. Epidemiological study on children eye diseases
2. Myopia researches
3. Genomic studies and gene mapping of pediatric eye disorders such as intermittent exotropia, accommodative esotropia etc.
4. Intermittent and infantile exotropia : the clinical course, new methods in evaluation of the control, effective surgical approaches, and prognostic factors of the surgical outcomes.
5. Congenital cataract
6. Retinoblastoma : the surgical outcome of different treatment strategies, and quality of life of retinoblastoma patients and their family.
- Tang SM, Chan RY, Lin S, Rong SS, Lau HH, Lau WW, Yip WW, Chen LJ, Ko ST, Yam JC. Refractive Errors and Concomitant Strabismus: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2016 Oct 12;6:35177.
- Chan PY, Tang SM, Au CL, Rong SS, Ng DS, Chen LJ, Yam JC. Association of Gestational Hypertensive Disorders with Retinopathy of prematurity: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2016 Aug 5;6:30732.
- Chan JT, Lam CP, Kwok MK, Wong RL, Lee GK, Lau WW, Yam JC. Risk of recurrence of retinopathy of prematurity after initial intravitreal ranibizumab therapy. Sci Rep. 2016 Jun 1;6:27082.
- Kwok JJ, Chong GS, Ko ST, Yam JC. The Natural Course of Intermittent Exotropia along a 3-year Period and the Factors Predicting the Control Deterioration. Sci Rep. 2016 Jun 3;6:27113.
- Au CL, Tang SM, Rong SS, Chen LJ, Yam JC. Association between hyperglycaemia and retinopathy of prematurity: a systemic review and meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 13; 5:9091.
- Luk A, Yam JC, Lau HH, Yip WW, Young AL. Surgical Outcome of Medial Rectus Resection for Recurrent Exotropia using a novel surgical formula. J Ophthalmol. 2015;2015:758463.
- Lam CP, Yam JC, Lau FH, Wong CY, Yu CB, Fan DS, Lau WW. SR and LR union suture for the treatment of myopic strabismus fixus: is scleral fixation suture necessary? BioMed Research International. 2015; 2015:470473
- Yam JC, Chong GS, Wu PK, Wong US, Chan CW, Ko ST. Predictive factors affecting the short term and long term exodrift in patients with intermittent exotropia after bilateral rectus muscle recession and its effect on surgical outcome. BioMed Research International. 2014;2014:482093
- Yam JC, Chong GS, Wu PK, Wong US, Chan CW, Ko ST. Fusional convergence in assessing the control of intermittent exotropia: a prospective study. J AAPOS. 2013 Aug;17(4):347-51.
- Yam JC, Wu PK, Wong US, Chan CW, Ko ST. Long-term ocular alignment after bilateral lateral rectus recession in children with infantile and intermittent exotropia. J AAPOS. 2012 Jun;16(3):274-9