DR ELLEN SHAOYING TAN, PHD
Year of graduation: 2014
Supervisors: Prof Clement Chee Yung Tham
“The years in the DOVS is the most enjoyble time of my life. I appreciate indeed the professors and friends who accompanied me along the way. Knowledge may become obsolete, but the spirit will benefit the whole life and last forever.”
Find out more on https://www.polyu.edu.hk/so/index.php?lang=en&pageid=1027
- Neuro-ophthalmology and Glaucoma
Current Affiliations and Positions
- Research Assistant Professor, School of Optometry, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Tan S, Ng TK, Xu Q, Yang M, Zhuang Y, Zhao J, Zhou H, Teng D, WeiS. Vision improvement in severe acute isolated optic neuritis after plasmaexchange treatment in Chinese population: a prospective case series study. Ther Adv Neurol Disord. 2020 Aug 21;13:1756286420947977.
- Zhao Y*, Tan S* (Co-first author), Chan CY, Xu Q, Zhao J, Teng D, Fu H, Wei S. Clinical features of demyelinating optic neuritis with seropositive myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibody in Chinese patients, British Journal of Ophthalmology, 2018.2.4.
- Tan S, Baig N,Hansapinyo L, Jhanjil V, Wei S, Tham CC. Comparison of self-measured diurnalintraocular pressure profiles using rebound tonometry between primary angleclosure glaucoma and primary open angle glaucoma patients. PLOS ONE. 2017 Mar23;12(3):e0173905. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0173905. eCollection 2017.
- Tan S, Yu M, BaigN, Hansapinyo L, Tham CC. Agreement of patient-measured intraocular pressureusing rebound tonometry with Goldmann applanation tonometry (GAT) in glaucomapatients. Rep. 2017, 7, 42067; doi:10.1038.
- Tan S, Yu M, BaigN, Chan PP, Tang FY, Tham CC. Circadian Intraocular Pressure Fluctuation andDisease Progression in Primary Angle Closure Glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci.2015 56(8):4994-5005.