DR YUNING JIANG, PHD
Year of graduation: 2020
Supervisor: Dr Wai Kit CHU
“I am very grateful to study my Ph.D. program in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (DOVS, CUHK). I get very scientific training in both Clinic study and basic cell biology research, which helped me quite a lot to be a better academic scientist. I appreciate everything I learnt from here. And I wish in future, I can achieve better and help more patients by all of my potential abilities.”
- Retinoblastoma protein deficient cancer, DNA damage response, Micro-homology mediated end joining and DNA replication
Current Affiliations and Positions
- Postdoc Research Associate, Biochemistry and molecular genetics, University of Virginia, US
- Jiang Y, Chu WK. Potential Roles of the Retinoblastoma Protein in Regulating Genome Editing. Front Cell. Dev Biol. 2018 Jul 31;6:81.
- Jiang Y, Yam JC, Tham CC, Pang CP, Chu WK. RB Regulates DNA Double Strand Break Repair Pathway Choice by Mediating CtIP Dependent End Resection. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Dec 1;21(23):9176..
- Yam JC, Jiang Y, Tang SM, Law AKP, Chan JJ, Wong E, Ko ST, Young AL, Tham CC, Chen LJ, Pang CP. Low concentration atropine for myopia progression (LAMP) study: A randomized, Double –blinded, placebo-controlled Trial of 0.05%, 0.025%, and 0.01% Atropine eye drops in Myopia Control. 2019: 126(1):113-124
- Yam JC, Jiang Y. Childhood myopia: update on effective prevention. Ophthalmology, The Hong Kong Medical Diary. 2016: 21:8.