DR YUMENG WANG, PHD
Year of graduation: 2018
Supervisor: Prof Calvin Chi Pui PANG
“My favorite part of DOVS is its great diversity in culture and the flexibility it provides to cater for students’ needs, both academically and personally. It offers many career and research training opportunities. Through studying at DOVS, I have not only received excellent research training, but also benefited greatly from the rich international activities/interactions at various levels. These experiences provided me with opportunities to communicate with top researchers worldwide and introduce my own work at conferences. Thanks to DOVS, I managed to meet talented peers, some of whom later became my best friends in life, and learnt from great professors, most of whom are still inspiring and mentoring me today. To those who are fortunate enough to join the DOVS family, treasure your time and always be learning.”.
- Myopia development in school children
- Corneal biomechanics and vision in children
- Glaucoma investigations: early diagnosis, and management
- Keratoconus investigations: early diagnosis, and management
- Keratoconus genetics and epigenetics
- Keratoconus pathophysiology
Current Affiliations and Positions
- Scientific Officer, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Wang YM, Hui VW, Shi J, Wong MO, Chan PP, Chan N, Lai I, Cheung CY, Tham CC. Macular Choroid Analysis of Normal Tension Glaucoma by Swept-source Optical Coherence Tomography (SS-OCT). Acta Ophthalmologica
- Wang YM, Cheung CY. Objective Quantitative Evaluation of Angle Closure. Primary Angle Closure Glaucoma (PACG) – A Logical Approach in Management. Springer ISBN: 978-981-15-8120-5.
- *Lin TP, *Wang YM, Ho K, Wong C, Chan PP, Wong M, Chan N, Tang FY, Lam A, Leung D, Wong TY , Cheung CY, Tham CC. Global Assessment of Arteriolar, Venular and Capillary Changes in Normal Tension Glaucoma. Sci Rep 2020 Nov 5;10(1):19222.
- Wang YM, Pang CP. Molecular genetics of keratoconus – clinical implications. In Ocular Surface Diseases. Dorota Kopacz (Ed). London DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.90623.
- Wang YM, Kam AKW, Chan TCY, Young AL, Chen GLJ, Pang CCP. Keratoconus Genes in Chinese. In: Prakash G., Iwata T. (eds) Advances in Vision Research, Volume II pp435-447. Essentials in Ophthalmology. Springer, Singapore DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-0884-0_35.
- Wang YM, Ma L, Lu SY, Chan TC, Yam JC, Tang SM, Kam KW, Tam PO, Tham CC, Young AL, Jhanji V, Pang CP, Chen LJ. Analysis of multiple genetic loci reveals MPDZ-NF1B rs1324183 as a putative genetic marker for keratoconus. Br J Ophthalmol 2018 Dec;102:1736-1741.
- Wang YM, Ng TK, Choy KW, Wong HK, Chu WK, Chan TC, Pang CP, Jhanji V. Histological and microRNA signatures of corneal epithelium in keratoconus. J Refract Surg 2018;34:201-211.
- Wang YM, Chan TC, Yu MC, Jhanji V. Comparative evaluation of progression rate in keratoconus before and after collagen crosslinking. Br J Ophthalmol 2018;102:1109-13.
- Wang YM, Chan TC, Yu MC, Jhanji V. Comparison of corneal dynamic and tomographic analysis in normal, forme fruste keratoconic, and keratoconic eyes. J Refract Surg 2017;33:632-638.
- Wang YM, Chan TC, Yu MC, Jhanji V. Shift in progression rate of keratoconus before and after epithelium-off accelerated corneal collagen crosslinking. J Cataract Refract Surg 2017;43:929-936.