We organize children eye care workshops and public lectures in primary schools and community halls in different districts.
The rationale of organizing workshops to teachers and social workers is based on the “train the trainers” concept. Many underprivileged families, especially the ethnic minorities and new immigrants, are often isolated from the rest of the community. School teachers and social workers are their effective contact points in the community for effective outreach and education for these families.
- Public lectures on children eye care for general public and parents;
- Workshops on children care for school teachers and social workers;
- Families attending the public talks is invited to our CUHK Eye Centre for the eye examination programme on Saturdays and Sundays;
- Education pamphlets on children eye care is prepared and distributed to all families;
- 181 public lectures to general public and 64 children eye care workshops to school teachers and social workers were organized, aiming to reach an attendance of about 10,000 families, 1,200 school teachers, and 600 social workers each year.