Prof Vishal JHANJI 蔣偉山副教授
MBBS, MD, FRCS (Glasgow), FRCOphth (UK)
Clinicial Professor (Honorary)
Dr Vishal Jhanji completed his ophthalmology training from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. He then undertook his specialist training in cornea, external eye diseases and refractive surgery in India and Melbourne, Australia. Dr Jhanji has co-pioneered new techniques of endothelial corneal transplantation and has major publications to his credit in reputed international peer-reviewed journals. In 2008 and 2009 he won the Best of Show Award at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr Jhanji serves on the editorial board of several journals including the British Journal of Ophthalmology, Scientific Reports, Medicine, PLoS One, Asia Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology and Journal of Mobile Technology in Medicine. He is also a member of the Publications Committee of Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology and International Meetings Committee of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr Jhanji is a Visiting Professor at the Joint International Eye Center of Shantou University, China and the Wenzhou Medical School, China. Dr Jhanji has published more than 200 papers in SCI international indexed peer reviewed journals, 2 books, and more than 15 book chapters.
- Pathogenesis, etiology and treatment of dry eyes
- Keratoconus: genetics, management and outcomes
- Corneal infections: Diagnosis and management of external eye disease
- Corneal transplantation
- Imaging of the cornea
- Wong RC, Yu M, Chan TC, Chong KK, Jhanji V. Longitudinal comparison of outcomes after sub-bowman keratomileusis and laser in situ keratomileusis: randomized, double-masked study. Am J Ophthalmol. 2015 May;159(5):835-845.e3. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2015.02.003. Epub 2015 Feb 11.
- Lam DK, Chow VW, Ye C, Ng PK, Wang Z, Jhanji V. Comparative evaluation of aspheric toric intraocular lens implantation and limbal relaxing incisions in eyes with cataracts and ≤3 dioptres of astigmatism. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 Jun 18. pii: bjophthalmol-2014-306587. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2014-306587. [Epub ahead of print].
- Chin J, Young AL, Hui M, Jhanji V. Acanthamoeba keratitis: 10-year study at a tertiary eye care center in Hong Kong. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015 Apr;38(2):99-103. doi: 10.1016/j.clae.2014.11.146. Epub 2014 Dec 11.
- Chan TC, Liu D, Yu M, Jhanji V. Longitudinal evaluation of posterior corneal elevation after laser refractive surgery using swept-source optical coherence tomography. Ophthalmology. 2015 Apr;122(4):687-92. doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.2014.10.011. Epub 2014 Dec 6.
- Teng Y, Wong HK, Jhanji V, Chen JH, Young AL, Zhang M, Choy KW, Mehta JS, Pang CP, Yam GH. Signature microRNAs in human cornea limbal epithelium. Funct Integr Genomics. 2015 May;15(3):277-94. doi: 10.1007/s10142-014-0417-9. Epub 2014 Dec 7.
- Chan TC, Li EY, Wong VW, Jhanji V. Orthokeratology-associated infectious keratitis in a tertiary care eye hospital in Hong Kong. Am J Ophthalmol. 2014 Dec;158(6):1130-1135.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2014.08.026. Epub 2014 Aug 23.
- Ye C, Ng PK, Jhanji V. Optical quality assessment in normal and forme fruste keratoconus eyes with a double-pass system: a comparison and variability study. Br J Ophthalmol. 2014 Nov;98(11):1478-83. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2013-304494. Epub 2014 Mar 17.
- Chow VW, Biswas S, Yu M, Wong VW, Jhanji V. Intraoperative Pachymetry Using Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography during Accelerated Corneal Collagen Crosslinking. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:848-363.
- Young AL, Leung KS, Tsim N, Hui M, Jhanji V. Risk factors, microbiological profile, and treatment outcomes of pediatric microbial keratitis in a tertiary care hospital in Hong Kong. Am J Ophthalmol. 2013 Nov;156(5):1040-1044.e2. doi:10.1016/j.ajo.2013.06.019. Epub 2013 Aug 20.
- Chen H, Chen CH, Jhanji V. Publication times, impact factors, and advance online publication in ophthalmology journals. Ophthalmology. 2013 Aug;120(8):1697-701. doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.2013.01.044. Epub 2013 Apr 23.