Dr NG Siu Chun Danny 吳兆駿助理教授
BSc(JHU), MBBS(HKU), MPH (HKU), FRCS(Edin), FCOphth (HK), FHKAM (Ophth)
Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Deputy Director, Ophthalmic Microsurgical Training Centre
Office tel.: (852) 3943 5824
Fax no.: (852) 2715 9490
Make a clinic appointment
Tel: (852) 3943 5886
Dr. Danny Ng obtained his bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering from Johns Hopkins University where he graduated with departmental honors. He received his medical degree and Master of Public Health from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong. Dr. Ng is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Ophthalmology and the College of Ophthalmologists of Hong Kong.
Dr. Ng has been awarded the Johns Hopkins Provost’s Research Award for his neurogenetics research in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy at the Kennedy Krieger Institute. He has also researched microglia activation in retinal vascular disease with Prof. Mark Tso at the Wilmer Eye Institute. Clinically, Dr. Ng has developed minimally invasive and scarless techniques in oculoplastic surgery. He has studied the treatment effects on choroidal neovascularization in pathological myopia and age-related macular degeneration, and is actively involved in clinical drug trials. He has more than 20 publications, co-authored 2 book chapters and delivered over 25 presentations at local and international scientific meetings.
Dr. Ng is actively involved in medical education locally and overseas. He organized microsurgical training for ophthalmic trainees and was invited by medical students to present in health exhibitions. He has supervised undergraduate research students in projects that were presented in international scientific meetings.
- Medical therapies in age-related macular degeneration polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy, central serous chorioretinopathy and pathologic myopia
- Choroidal imaging and its association with ocular and systemic diseases
- Diabetic retinopathy and maculopathy
- Ocular trauma
- Huang Y, Huang W, Ng DS, Duan A. Risk factors for development of macular hole detachment after pars plana vitrectomy for pathologic myopic foveoschisis. Retina. 2016 Sep 19.
- Fan H, Ma HJ, Gao R, Ng DS, Cheung CY, Li S, Wu D, Tang SB. Associated factors for visibility and width of retrobulbar subarachnoid space on swept-source optical coherence tomography in high myopia. Scientific Report. Sci Rep. 2016 Aug 5;6:30732.
- Lai FH, Ng DS, Bakthavatsalam M, Chan VC, Young AL, Luk FO, Tsang CW, Brelen ME. A multicenter study on the long-term outcomes of half-dose photodynamic therapy in chronic central serous chorioretinopathy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2016 Oct;170:91-99.
- Lu X, Ng DS, Zheng K, Peng K, Jin C, Xia H, Chen W, Chen H. Risk factors for endophthalmitis requiring evisceration or enucleation. Sci Rep. 2016 Jul-Aug;5(4):245-52.
- Ng DS, Lai TY, Ng TK, Pang CP. Genetics of Bietti Crystalline Dystrophy. Asia Pac J Ophthalmol (Phila). 2016 Jul-Aug;5(4):245-52.
- Ng DS, Cheung CY, Luk FO, Mohamed S, Brelen ME, Yam JS, Tsang CW, Lai TY. Advances of optical coherence tomography in myopia and pathologic myopia. Eye (Lond). 2016 Jul;30(7):901-16.
- Ng DS, Kwok AK, Tong JM, Chan CW, Li WW. Bevacizumab for Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration in Chinese Patients in a Clinical Setting. Int J Ophthalmol. 2016 Mar 21:9(3).
- Ng DS, Chan E, Yu DK, Ko ST. Aesthetics Assessment in Periciliary “V-incision” versus Conventional External Dacryocystorhinostomy in Asians. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015 Oct;253(10):1783-90.
- Ng DS, Kwok AK, Tong JM, Chan CW, Li WW. Factors influencing need for retreatment and long-term visual outcome after intravitreal bevacizumab for myopic choroidal neovascularization. Retina. 2015 Dec;35(12):2457-68.
- Ng DS, Chan E, Ko ST. Minimal incision posterior approach levator plication for aponeurotic ptosis. Eye (Lond). 2015 Apr;29(4):483-91.